What does a classical singer also do? Here I’m dressed up in traditional style to welcome visitors to the restored native forest. Ancient people had to chant for permission to enter, granted by an overseer. I play both parts, call and response, but you’ll have to imagine me as a 6’4″ Hawaiian. Work on my next novel proceeds daily, best job in the world early in the morning. And best wishes to all at Thanksgiving.
- Is Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg reading “Aloha, Mozart?” (Maybe so.) November 24, 2014
- A Connection between Opera and Hawaiian Chant November 21, 2014
- The Forest Returns to Kawainui September 29, 2014
- Jonas Kaufmann! August 7, 2014
- Mid-summer Update: it all continues July 22, 2014