Every morning I work on my new novel, then several times a week I’m out at the beautiful Na Pohaku forest restoration project. After almost 2o years of volunteer work it’s finally beginning to look like something more than a sacred site that in the past was turned into a dump for cars and appliances. Now the Department of Land and Natural Resources is making a series of videos on our progress. At the start of this one I’m teaching a traditional chant to women from the prison, who come out twice a month for trail maintenance and do a wonderful job.
- Is Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg reading “Aloha, Mozart?” (Maybe so.) November 24, 2014
- A Connection between Opera and Hawaiian Chant November 21, 2014
- The Forest Returns to Kawainui September 29, 2014
- Jonas Kaufmann! August 7, 2014
- Mid-summer Update: it all continues July 22, 2014