During the year few fiction writers have the honor of reading in this large, elegant building next to ‘Iolani Palace. It was a lovely event that started with a friend’s gift of a lei po’o (head lei) she made early in the morning using flowers from her garden. Following a series of short excerpts from the novel, the combination of Hawaii and Salzburg provoked a number of amazed questions and remarks.
- Is Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg reading “Aloha, Mozart?” (Maybe so.) November 24, 2014
- A Connection between Opera and Hawaiian Chant November 21, 2014
- The Forest Returns to Kawainui September 29, 2014
- Jonas Kaufmann! August 7, 2014
- Mid-summer Update: it all continues July 22, 2014