Last night I enjoyed being a featured Guest Author on Hawaii NPR during their bi-annual pledge drive. Two interviewers asked me about “Aloha, Mozart” and the years I spent in Austria and Germany as a professional musician. Globalization has made the gap between Hawaii and Salzburg, once so far, considerably less, but each place retains its fascination for listeners. Along with a signed copy of my novel, a dollar-a-day pledge received advice from me on editing; a topic that aroused a lot of interest. It’s a skill rarely taught at the high school or college level, and one that many people wish they had.
- Is Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg reading “Aloha, Mozart?” (Maybe so.) November 24, 2014
- A Connection between Opera and Hawaiian Chant November 21, 2014
- The Forest Returns to Kawainui September 29, 2014
- Jonas Kaufmann! August 7, 2014
- Mid-summer Update: it all continues July 22, 2014