Off to the Squaw Valley Conference in the pine-scented Lake Tahoe area to read from “Aloha, Mozart” and lead a workshop on Being Your Own Editor. I recommend this conference to all writers because you’re there among your own kind, and no one understands you better than other writers; not friends, family, spouses, kids. The conference is larger than ever, a dizzying week of immersion in panels, agents, plotting, beginnings and endings, failures and successes, a reminder of why you write and stay with it. Go. Drop in to hear me read on July 13 if you’re in the neighborhood.
- Is Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg reading “Aloha, Mozart?” (Maybe so.) November 24, 2014
- A Connection between Opera and Hawaiian Chant November 21, 2014
- The Forest Returns to Kawainui September 29, 2014
- Jonas Kaufmann! August 7, 2014
- Mid-summer Update: it all continues July 22, 2014